Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cross Domain issue - Ajax

Who say yes???
I was working in a GUI for controlling components in different servers from one server - stopping, starting, purging queues & consumers; finally beans
The firSt thing it came to my mind was: "let's do it with AJAX to avoid multiple calls and decrease the traffic!!!"
Which AJAX framework should I choose??? Let's learn jQuery, because that one has a bunch of cool features which will be really helpfull to develop my GUI (check this site: flowplayer.org they have a bunch of demos which are really easy to follow and all based on jQuery)
My first issue was learnign that Ajax call, but after a few hours I could do my first ajax call using jQuery (I have a servlet which returns XML or JSON)

Now what??? If I'm accessing the servlet in the same context - domain, everything works fine, but... If I try to access my servlet but in another server

Tons tuve que eccharle coco
My solution was to create a ProxyServlet which basically will take my request and pass it to the remote server & servlet using an HttpClient and in the same way, it will get the response coming from the remote servlet, in other words, my ProxyServlet (in the same domain - context) will be the only one talking to my Ajax call, eventhough ProxyServlet will be talking to the remote server & servlet. Then I did it again  

This is my code:

This is my main servlet (the one which returns XML or JSON using json-simple project)

And this now, these are portions of my jQuery code:


You can get the additional JavaScript libraries from: JSON2 and my version of jQuery Tools

No comments:

Post a Comment