Monday, August 22, 2011

jboss.bind.address and JBoss no accepting connections

When I was trying to do some connectivity testing with one of my colleagues I faced this issue.
What I was trying to do was really simple, on my local Server I have deployed a Web Service and my colleague has the client, the happy path is just share my IP, port and URI, right?

But there is 1 little difference compared with my previous projects: I'm using Mac OS X and my colleague Windows XP. Not a big deal, actually, this is an advantage, because I have a faster machine :P

What's the problem? I think None, BUT...

How can I get my IP address on Mac?
jcruz@Quetzalcoatl[~]$ ifconfig

That was easy!

What about JBoss? Because when I start my server, I can't access it through the IP listed on the previous command!

The solution is really simple:
jboss.bind.address is configured using the "-b" option to the JBoss startup script (run.sh or run.bat in the bin directory).
For example, (on my case sh ./run/bin/run.sh -c myServer -b 0.0.0.0) run -b 0.0.0.0 enables jboss to listen for connections on all IP addresses of the machine (if multi-homed).

No comments:

Post a Comment